Employment at Intertech
Working at Intertech is very different from working for a traditional employer. Our project turnover averages about six months. That means that, on average, you will be assigned to a new project every six months. The projects themselves are varied in terms of the device application area, technology, and even in the services we provide. This is a stimulating environment which can be fast paced, and one in which you will never stop learning.
Every member of the Intertech team is experienced, knowledgeable, dependable and approachable. Each shares an unwavering dedication to medical device quality and safety. Intertech is a place where you will be able to work alongside other professionals who are as motivated as you are. Many of our employees have chosen to stay at Intertech for much of their working career simply because it is a stimulating, ever changing work environment.
Intertech’s benefits packages rival those of our clients and competitors. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Flextime work schedules
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans and contribution matching
- Profit sharing plans
- PTO, vacation, holidays, sick time.
Intertech Engineering works with a wide range of technologies and applications almost exclusively related to medical device development. Experience with C, C++, and C#, Visual Basic, custom kernels, various commercial RTOS packages (e.g. Nucleus, PharLap ETS, VxWorks and ThreadX), Windows, Windows CE, .NET, Linux, OpenGL, SQLServer all are of interest to us. Intertech is an outsource engineering provider to the medical device industry focusing on software and electronics technologies, along with the QA, compliance, and project management expertise that is required in the FDA regulated industry. Projects are fast paced with constant project turnover that keeps the work interesting. We are looking for experienced software developers to join our team. Projects are organized by teams that operate primarily from our offices in Westwood, MA and Lincolnshire, IL. Some travel may be required occasionally. A diverse background, ability to work in a structured regulatory environment, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done are the keys to success.
Principal Software Engineers - Illinois and Massachusetts Offices
10+ years of experience in relevant languages and operating environments. Medical device experience not required, but preferred. In addition to strong software development skills, programming skills, and a mastery of the attributes required of our Senior Software Engineers, successful candidates for Principal Software Engineering positions will have the following attributes:
- Ability to act as a technical lead on larger projects, and as project manager on smaller projects.
- Ability to discuss and review with client the engineering processes required by the project.
- Ability to manage a positive relationship with client and demonstrate a mastery of technical area to client.
- Ability to evaluate defect trends and process flaws.
- Ability to analyze customer requirements and select approach and tools required.
- Ability to identify new project tasks and estimate durations for completion for overall software projects.
- Evaluate and identify trends and suggest directions to expand Intertech’s abilities.
- Ability to assist in proposal discussions, and preparation.
- Ability to motivate and encourage subordinates and peers.
- Ability to work on and manage subordinates on several projects.
- Set up schedule and/or means of communication for project team to remain informed throughout project
Senior Software Engineers - Illinois and Massachusetts Offices
5+ years of experience in relevant languages and operating environments. Medical device experience not required, but preferred. In addition to strong software development and programming skills, successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Strong communication and documentation skills required.
- Understanding of software development process and software life cycles.
- Knowledge of formal analysis, design, and test tools.
- Ability to independently create software development and test plans.
- Ability to manage defects identified in V&V activities Experience with unit level testing and unit level test tools.
- Ability to identify new project tasks and estimate durations for completion in assigned areas.
- Ability to help define and document Intertech processes and procedures.
- Ability to multitask between multiple projects Work well independently on assigned tasks and function as a good team contributor.
Although we do not have an immediate opening for the following positions, we do anticipate openings in the near future. Send a resume for our active file if you think you are a good fit.
Quality Specialists - We are specifically interested in software quality professionals, specifically those with medical device industry experience. Experience with SOP development, internal/external auditing, review techniques, software test planning, design, and procedure development, or any other aspect of software validation are good backgrounds for positions at Intertech. Writing skills and a mastery of English are a must. Some positions may require some speaking and training skills.
Regulatory Specialists - Our expansion of services has created a need for an FDA regulatory specialist. Our ideal candidate will be experienced in writing and managing regulatory submissions for a number of different types of products. Managerial skills in working with developers to execute a regulatory strategy are desired. Ability to deal with regulatory agencies on behalf of our clients is also desired. Independent regulatory consultants wanting a more stable work environment would be a good fit. Writing skills and a mastery of English are a must. Some positions may require some speaking and training skills.
Apply for a Job at Intertech Engineering Associates, Inc:
Please fill out information below and click "Submit"
Back to Top